Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children.
Alpha One Door Systems is committed to the environment and only work with environmentally responsible companies like Clopay and LiftMaster.
Yes, Even a Garage Door can be “Green”
Clopay is committed to manufacturing and installing eco-friendly garage doors that enhance the beauty, safety and value of your home, and doing so in a way that reduces the overall impact on the environment in every step of the process - from product design to distribution.
As the largest moving part on a home, your garage door plays an important role in maintaining its structural integrity and energy efficiency - two important criteria in green building design.
Clopay’s Manufacturing Efficiency:
- Clopay meets and exceeds EPA guidelines for manufacturing.
- They recycle scrap steel, cardboard and polystyrene.
- They continuously look for ways to reduce packaging and disposable material coming into our plants.
- The Clopay fleet runs on low-sulphur diesel fuel and is equipped with computers to monitor idle time, engine performance and driver performance to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Clopay’s loading and unloading procedures have been shortened to reduce carbon emissions associated with truck idling
Material Efficiency - longer-lasting products, fewer replacements:
Steel Garage Door Products:
Our Coachman® Collection and Grand Harbor® Collection steel and composite carriage-house style garage doors help conserve natural resources by providing an attractive, low-maintenance alternative to natural wood garage doors.
- The door materials are impervious to moisture and will not rot, warp, crack or fade.
- A number of our garage doors are insulated with environmentally safe, expanded polyurethane made from recycled content.
Wood Garage Door Products:
Materials for our Reserve® Collection wood doors are purchased from suppliers who have certifications for their logging practices. Rain forests are not damaged and green practices are followed.
The mills we purchase from re-plant for the harvested timber to ensure a long term sustainable wood fibre and sustainable forest management.
Residential garage doors are counterbalanced with galvanized torsion springs that last 50% longer than industry standard oil-tempered springs.
Our steel is true 24, 25 or 27 gauge to ensure a quality appearance, dent resistance and longer life.
A paint system that begins with hot dipped galvanizing, then coating with a baked-on primer and finished with a baked-on top coat both inside and out, reduces fading and wear from natural exposure.
When it comes to maintaining structural integrity during a hurricane or storm the garage door is critical to preserving a home's structural integrity during a hurricane or high wind storm.
- Clopay WindCode® garage doors are installed "storm ready" – eliminating the need to install extra add-on parts to secure the door in the event of a storm.
- Reinforcement is contained within the structure of the door and is engaged by simply locking it.